- Position type:
- Full-Time, Permanent
- Database Group
- Reports to:
- Database Group Manager
- Date posted:
- June 7, 2021
- Closing date:
- Open until filled
Independent Project Analysis, Inc. (IPA) improves the competitiveness of our customers through enabling more effective use of capital in their businesses. It is our mission and unique competence to conduct research into the functioning of capital projects and project systems and to apply the results of that research to help our customers create and use their capital assets more efficiently.
IPA is a global company with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Brazil, and Singapore. Our headquarters in Ashburn, Virginia, have an opening for a Database Administrator.
The Database Administrator maintains and monitors IPA’s proprietary databases critical for capital project analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibilities include securing, maintaining, and developing IPA databases. This position will have the opportunity to participate in architecture decisions and work on development efforts. As such, some very interesting challenges are likely, and the company is looking for someone who relishes the opportunities and demands that this setting provides. In this position, you will always be encouraged and expected to contribute ideas to improve the company’s technology and products.
- Database setup
- Database design and data model optimization
- Ensure data recovery, maintenance, data integrity, and space requirements for physical database are met through developing and monitoring of policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management
- Data integration with applications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience developing and maintaining a major relational database management system, such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, or MySQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases, like MongDB
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Experience and knowledge of Best Practices of database disaster recovery and data security
- Experience with relational database design and modeling and knowledge of NoSQL design considerations
- Strong communication skills as well as analytical and troubleshooting skills
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
Must have a minimum of 5 years Database Administration work experience.