- Position type:
- Corporate Services
- Reports to:
- IT Manager
- Date posted:
- June 17, 2022
- Closing date:
- Open until filled
The Desktop Technician is responsible for provisioning, installing, and maintaining systems hardware, software, and other IT-related peripherals. The Desktop Technician assists in innovating reliability in the IT infrastructure through technical research, testing, and implementation to ensure that hardware, operating systems, software, and work processes adhere to company expectations and needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibilities include maintaining user system standards, and development and maintenance of installation and configuration procedures:
- Install and repair hardware, software, and peripherals to operational standards
- Communicate and coordinate with users to recover data from system failures
- Create, change, and delete user accounts as needed
- Research new innovations and upgrades, as well as possible automation of system administrative tasks
- Identify possible future infrastructure concerns
- Maintain inventory of all hardware, software, and IT assets
- Other responsibilities include supporting conferences, configuring conference call bridges and video equipment, supporting internal meetings, and mentoring new IT staff and new employees
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications
- Strong knowledge of workstation security, anti-malware, and imaging software
- Working knowledge of Dell workstation and laptop hardware
- Working knowledge of IT helpdesk ticketing software
- Working knowledge of LINUX
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and teamwork skills
- Able to meet the physical demands of the role, including occasional lifting and moving of up to 40 pounds
- Personable, detail oriented, able to manage time effectively and handle multiple concurrent tasks
- Highly organized individual who is self-motivated, reliable, and a quick study when learning new technologies
- Able to work with employees at all levels
- High level of discretion and professionalism due to the highly sensitive and confidential information involved
- Although this position is not regularly on-call, the ability to respond quickly when occasional on-call duties are assigned is required
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
IPA is the preeminent global benchmarking and consultancy for capital projects. IPA guides capital-intensive organizations to establish the right combination of people, work process, and governance to maximize cost, schedule, safety, and operability performance. We have a dataset of more than 21,000 capital projects we use as the basis of our work. Our clients are leading companies in the process, extractive, and technology sectors who conduct capital projects in the petroleum, minerals, infrastructure, chemicals, and renewables industries. IPA is committed to social and ethical responsibility, and all global offices initiate or participate in local charity initiatives to support those in need.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stable employment, and a long-term career path for professional growth and development. IPA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
How To Apply
Applicants should complete the form below and include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement.