- Position type:
- Applications Development
- Reports to:
- Software Development Manager
- Date posted:
- August 30, 2019
- Closing date:
- Open until filled
Independent Project Analysis, Inc. (IPA) improves the competitiveness of our customers through enabling more effective use of capital in their businesses. It is our mission and unique competence to conduct research into the functioning of capital projects and project systems and to apply the results of that research to help our customers create and use their capital assets more efficiently.
IPA is a global company with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, Brazil, and Singapore. Our headquarters in Ashburn, Virginia has an opening for a Full Stack Technical Lead.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an opportunity for professional growth. IPA, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer.
The Full Stack Technical Lead creates and maintains IPA’s suite of web applications and supports managers and other staff to produce creative, high-impact projects for clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibilities include maintaining internal and external software applications. This position will focus on full stack web applications development and provide support to the existing applications modernization process. This position will have the opportunity to participate in architecture decisions and work on development efforts. As such, some very interesting challenges are likely, and the company is looking for someone who relishes the opportunities and demands that this setting provides. In this position, you will always be encouraged and expected to contribute ideas to improve the company’s technology and products.
- Mentor the team driving full (and correct) adoption of modern software engineering & delivery practices (“Real” Agile, TDD, Stateless Design, Microservices, Containerization, CI/CD, Cloud, etc.)
- Evaluate technical trends and provide recommendations for technology and architecture to meet business objectives
- Lead the requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing applications
- Design and develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on best practices, usability, and performance
- Use various frameworks to develop efficient applications
- Maintain and enhance functionalities for web applications
- Ensure the technical feasibility and security of UI/UX designs
- Use modern web application languages: Java, Python, PHP, .Net, VB, VBA
- Create quality wireframes, mockups, and prototypes on tight timelines
- Ensure that all user input is validated before designing applications
- Work with various development and collaboration tools including JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins, and Git
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Keep software and products up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
- Collaborate with other development team members, product line management, and stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to create responsive and adaptive design and stay current with design developments within the interactive industry
- Familiar with agile development methodologies
- Ability to apply interface design principles
- Experience with content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as AWS and Docker
- Working knowledge of Organic Search Engine Optimization techniques
- Database knowledge
- Experience with SQL databases
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Self-motivated and able to work on own projects with little supervision
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
Must have experience in web design or a related field and a minimum of 7 years work experience with frontend, backend, and databases.
REQUIRED APPLICANT DOCUMENTS
- Cover Letter
- Salary Requirements