- Position type:
- North America
- Reports to:
- Global Human Resources Director
- Date posted:
- September 9, 2022
- Closing date:
- Open until filled
Are you a Human Resources professional looking for opportunities to grow and develop? Are you looking for a fun and friendly work environment? Do you thrive in a role that offers variety in a true Generalist role? If so, please apply to our Human Resources Generalist position at IPA!
IPA is a global company with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Brazil, Singapore, and the Netherlands. Our headquarters in Ashburn, Virginia, has an opening for a Human Resources Generalist.
The Human Resources Generalist serves as the HR representative for the North America office and is responsible for the daily functions and tasks related to managing the North America regional HR.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee Relations
- Handles employee questions related to payroll, benefits, HR policies, and record keeping
- Assists Global HR Director with investigations, conflict resolution, employee training, and coaching
- Prepares Performance Improvement Plans and coaches managers through performance processes
- Recordkeeping and Compliance
- Maintains HR records in ADP (HRIS) and North America personnel and I-9 files
- Ensure legal compliance of state and federal employment laws
- Runs ad-hoc reports and audits
- Payroll and Benefits
- Processes semi-monthly payroll in ADP and completes HR month-end duties
- Responsible for administration and invoicing of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), FSA, and life/STD/LTD insurance; processes COBRA
- Coordinates Open Enrollment
- Coordinates recruitment process including scheduling, interviewing, testing of candidates conducting background and reference checks and degree verifications
- Conducts and manages new employee orientation
- Events Planning
- Plans yearly summer party and Bring Your Kids to Work day; leads or assists with other company or regional events
- Helps coordinate community service and charitable programs and events in conjunction with the Community Service Committee
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency with ADP Workforce Now for HRIS and payroll
- Understands HR and payroll laws and body of knowledge
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Proficient and accurate in typing and data entry
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Must communicate and interact effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s degree in a business or related field, with 2+ years of human resources generalist experience, including employee relations.
IPA is the preeminent global benchmarking and consultancy for capital projects. IPA guides capital‑intensive organizations to establish the right combination of people, work process, and governance to maximize cost, schedule, safety, and operability performance. We have a dataset of nearly 22,000 capital projects as the basis of our work. Our clients are leading companies in the energy, minerals, infrastructure, chemicals, and technology sectors. IPA is committed to social and ethical responsibility and all global offices initiate or participate in local charity initiatives to support those in need.
How to Apply
Applicants should complete the form below and include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement. IPA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.