- Position type:
- Permanent and Full-Time
- Date posted:
- May 7, 2019
- Closing date:
- June 4, 2019
- Dependent on experience, in the range of £32,000 - £40,000 per annum
ABOUT THE JOB
Independent Project Analysis (IPA) Limited currently has immediate requirements for two Project Analysts to join its Downstream team on a permanent basis in its Reading office.
We are seeking candidates with a proven track record in analysing risks, practices, and performance in the chemicals, refining, and/or pharmaceutical process industries. The successful candidates must have the ability to make presentations and to read and understand technical documents. The role requires successful candidates to carry out project analysis using quantitative and statistical data. Although the position is based in the UK, the role requires frequent travel to locations throughout Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
Typical assignments for Project Analysts are from 3-6 weeks long and include collecting data from project teams, quantitative analysing these data, preparing a report to the client and then presenting recommendations to the client. IPA reports are an important part of our clients’ decision-making processes and, as such, are time sensitive. As a result, analysts work often to tight deadlines and under pressure, so the successful candidate should thrive in this type of environment. IPA is a professional environment and candidates must be self-motivated, curious, have an openness to learn and be able to work on their own initiative.
Likely to be up to 30% of your time will be spent travelling overseas on trips of usually 2-3 days to a variety of locations, including the Middle East, Africa, Russia and Western Europe, depending on the client and project location. Therefore, both a willingness and ability to travel to and work in these countries (with visas if required) is a mandatory prerequisite.
It is essential that candidates can demonstrate good listening and communication skills as there will be a requirement to provide feedback on the analysis carried out, which may involve challenging the original project proposal, and subsequently will require individuals with the strength of character and experience in the delivery of recommendations for change.
To join IPA, we are offering an excellent remuneration and benefits package. Salary will be negotiated based on the successful candidate’s experience.
A selection of the benefits available in the position include private medical cover, a highly competitive pension scheme, 23 days holidays plus 8 public / bank, sponsored academic development (after initial probation period), international exposure, travel opportunities and a structured career development path.
Any offer of employment made to the successful candidate will be conditional upon the individual either having the right to work in the UK or successfully obtaining a work visa to enable them to take up employment in the UK within the timescales required by the company. In addition, the successful applicant must be able to secure an entry permit for the USA to attend new analyst training.
If this opportunity is of interest, please complete the form below and attach your cover letter, including salary expectations and availability to start date, as well as your CV.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in engineering, science (physics, chemistry, petroleum, geology), statistics, operations research, economics or allied fields
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience operating in your field of education
- Proven record of carrying out independent research
- Proven record of using a variety of statistical methods to analyse large amounts of data
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Able to demonstrate intellectual curiosity
- Able to demonstrate organisational leadership
- Possess and be able to demonstrate superior English written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to successfully liaise with people from other cultures
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills with strong attention to detail
- The ability to liaise confidently with our German clients means that written and verbal German language skills would be advantageous
REQUIRED APPLICANT DOCUMENTS
- Cover Letter (only applications with a cover letter will be considered)
- Salary Requirements