- Position type:
- Date posted:
- August 26, 2019
- Closing date:
- September 16, 2019
IPA has an immediate opening for an Upstream Project Analyst to join its team on a permanent basis in its Singapore office. IPA is seeking a candidate who has a proven track record of working on capital projects or analysing project feasibility in the upstream oil and gas market. The successful candidate will be required to carry out project analysis using quantitative and statistical data. Although the position is based in Singapore, the role requires frequent travel to locations throughout Asia-Pacific countries.
Typical assignments for analysts are 3-6 weeks long and include collecting data from project teams, quantitative analysis of those data, preparing reports for clients, and then presenting recommendations to those clients. IPA reports are an important part of our clients’ decision making processes and so are time sensitive. As a result, analysts work often under tight deadlines and under pressure, so the successful candidate will thrive in this environment. IPA is a professional environment and candidates must be self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative.
Project Analysts spend up to 30% of their time spent travelling overseas on trips of 2-3 days. Therefore, both a willingness and ability to travel to and work in a variety of countries (with visas if required) is a mandatory prerequisite.
It is essential that candidates demonstrate good listening and communication skills as there will be a requirement to provide feedback on the analysis carried out, which may involve challenging the planned business case and subsequently will require individuals with experience in the delivery of recommendations for change. Experience working within a consultancy environment is a plus.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (geology, physics, chemistry, petroleum, engineering)
- Previous working experience with contractors
- Demonstrable training exposure
- Prior proven experience in reservoir engineering/well control and analysis/drilling engineering/petroleum geosciences
- Project management exposure
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Demonstrable supervisory and team leadership skills
- Training and presentation skills
- Relevant quantitative analytical skills, including experience using a variety of statistical methods to analyse large amounts of data
- Excellent interpersonal and report writing skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Superior English written and oral communication skills
IPA offers an excellent remuneration and benefits package. Salary will be negotiated based on the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Benefits of the position include medical cover, a highly competitive pension scheme, 20 holidays, sponsored academic development (after an initial probation period), international exposure and travel opportunities, and a structured career development path within the group.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please submit the form below with a cover letter* including your salary requirements and CV.
*Please note that only applications with a cover letter (which also includes salary requirements) will be considered.