- Position type:
- Full-Time, Permanent
- Project Research Division
- Reports to:
- Research Team Lead
- Date posted:
- May 2, 2019
- Closing date:
- Open until filled
ABOUT THE JOB
Independent Project Analysis, Inc. (IPA) improves the competitiveness of our customers through enabling more effective use of capital in their businesses. It is our mission and unique competence to conduct research into the functioning of capital projects and project systems and to apply the results of that research to help our customers create and use their capital assets more efficiently.
IPA is a global company with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, Brazil and Singapore. We are looking for a Research Analyst to join our team in North America.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stable employment and a long-term career path for professional growth and development. IPA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
General responsibilities for the position include analyzing data, conducting research, developing products, writing reports, and giving client presentations. More specifically, the research analyst will work on studies related to capital effectiveness and project management practices for site-managed capital projects. The analyst will collaborate with cross-functional groups within IPA and work directly with clients to address their questions and needs.
- A Bachelor's degree in economics, the natural sciences, engineering, or other quantitative research-related studies
- Positive attitude and willingness to work on a team
- Ability to approach problems head-on, but able to identify new ways to solve problems
- Strong intellectual curiosity - a desire to learn and apply new ideas
- Track record of finding solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects / research independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 1-2 years of experience in a field related to the process industry, statistical quality control, capital projects, project management; or an interest in learning these fields
- Graduate degree in the field listed above (but not required)
- Proficient with statistical software (knowledge of STATA® is preferred)
- Knowledge of or experience with capital projects
- Knowledge of or experience in the process industry
- Experience with direct client engagement
- This position may involve approximately 10-15% travel
REQUIRED APPLICANT DOCUMENTS
- Cover Letter (only applications with a cover letter will be considered)