- Position type:
- Project Research Division
- Reports to:
- Project Evaluation System (PES) Team Lead
- Date posted:
- September 18, 2019
- Closing date:
- Open until filled
The Independent Project Analysis, Inc. (IPA) Cost Group is dedicated to developing data-driven tools, solutions, and empirical research that drive continuous improvement in capital intensive industries. We are looking for a Research Analyst to join our team to help us meet a variety of client needs through advanced analytics. Research Analysts in the Cost Group leverage our global projects database, which contains more than 20,000 global capital projects, to conduct quantitative research on Industry Best Practices and develop analytical tools to support the competitiveness of capital projects. Our team plays a leading role in building databases, predictive models, and analytical applications to help IPA’s clients create and use capital assets more efficiently.
IPA is a leading capital projects think tank with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, Brazil, and Singapore.
Major responsibilities include data mining, and statistical and quantitative analysis (e.g., regression modeling). Research analysts are also responsible for conducting empirical research, designing data collection instruments, working with and creating data architectures, developing predictive models and algorithms, and communicating results to internal leadership and IPA clients.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, statistics, mathematics, or a numerically orientated science field
- 0-2 years of work experience in related field, such as engineering, economics, or statistics
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience using statistical methods (e.g., regression)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organization skills; ability to manage competing priorities
- Experience working with and creating data architectures a plus
- Experience using statistical computer languages (e.g., Stata, R, SAS, Python); SQL a plus
- 2-4 years of work experience in related field, such as engineering, economics, or statistics
- Master’s degree in field listed above (not required)
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong work ethic
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Positive attitude and willingness to work in a team
- This position involves 10% to 15% travel
REQUIRED APPLICANT DOCUMENTS
Applicants should submit the form below with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stable employment, and a long-term career path for professional growth and development.
IPA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Cover letter (only applications with a cover letter will be considered)
- Salary requirement