- Position type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Project Research Division
- Reports to:
- Research Team Lead
- Date posted:
- March 5, 2019
- Closing date:
- Open until filled
ABOUT THE JOB
Independent Project Analysis, Inc. (IPA) is a leading capital projects Think Tank for the oil and gas industry. We improve the competitiveness of our customers through enabling more effective use of capital in their businesses. It is our mission and unique competence to conduct research into the functioning of capital projects and project systems and to apply the results of that research to help our customers create and use their capital assets more efficiently. IPA is a global company with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Brazil and Singapore.
If you’re looking for a rewarding new position with long term opportunities and stability, IPA has openings for research analysts who will work directly our clients using the world’s best databases of capital projects. Often seen as professional problem solvers and part of a team of thought leaders, research analysts at IPA have an opportunity to affect real change within many of America’s Fortune 500 firms through data based research and analysis.
Applicants should submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirement via the form below. IPA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
The Energy Research Analyst focuses primarily on renewable and carbon efficiency projects. As the world shifts increasingly to renewable energy and to low carbon manufacturing, IPA is poised to help our current and new clients navigate an ever changing landscape. This role will support the development of new products as well as research in support of this area.
- Bachelor’s degree in an energy or engineering field
- Background in energy, engineering, and policy, especially around renewables or carbon efficiency
- Proven ability to turn an abstract concept or idea into something actionable
- Ability to distill and communicate insights from complex data
- Flexibility in thought / approach (as opposed to a rigid perspective)
- Strong intellectual curiosity - a desire to learn and apply new things
- Track record of finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to manage projects / research independently
- Positive attitude and willingness to work in a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 3-5 years of experience in a relevant position (e.g., analyst, consultant, project manager, engineer) in the energy sector
- Graduate degree in energy, economics, operations research, engineering, sciences, or allied fields
- This position involves up to 15% travel to client locations within North America
REQUIRED APPLICANT DOCUMENTS
- Cover Letter (only applications with a cover letter will be considered)