- Position type:
- Project Research Division
- Reports to:
- Deputy Director, Project Research Division
- Date posted:
- July 20, 2022
- Closing date:
- Open until filled
Are you passionate about applying your interest and expertise in organization and team effectiveness to tackle real-time business issues where you can effect positive change? Are you interested in learning what makes capital projects tick? Do you love making connections and solving puzzles or problems? Are you that rare combination of detail-focused and big picture oriented? Do you equally enjoy analytical research work and client-facing engagements?
ABOUT THE ROLE
Independent Project Analysis (IPA) has an opening in our US (Ashburn, VA) office for an Organizations and Teams Research Analyst. This role sits within an exciting and rapidly growing area of the company in which we synthesize organizational expertise with our unparalleled access to actual project data to advise our clients on individual, team, and organizational practices that affect capital project performance and work collaboratively with them to drive improvements. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead the development of products & services, research, and consulting offerings for capital project organizations and teams.
IPA seeks candidates for the Organizations and Teams Analyst position with strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity who aspire to become industry thought leaders. The candidate’s interest in studying the people-related factors that support success in capital projects and the organizations executing those projects is critical. Aptitude for and demonstrated skills to be a successful analyst and consultant include your ability to connect real life with data, curiosity and willingness to ask questions, and genuine interest in the unique functioning of capital project teams.
DAY IN THE LIFE
General responsibilities of the Organizations and Teams Analyst role include:
- Analyzing data, conducting research, and developing new products
- Contributing to the maintenance and improvement of internal organizations and teams infrastructure (existing products, databases, tools, etc.)
- Acting as a trusted subject matter expert (both internally and externally) in one or more areas of organization and teams
- Interfacing with clients to collect project and organizational data
- Developing insightful reports and presentations with a strong customer focus
- Delivering verbal (including virtual and face-to-face delivery) feedback and presentations
- Working directly with capital project teams and project organizations to improve business competitiveness
The Organizations and Teams Research Analyst will focus primarily on studies and client engagements related to capital project organization design, staffing, team composition, and individual competency. The analyst will collaborate with cross-functional groups within IPA and work directly with clients to address their questions and needs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain relationships at senior levels with client companies
- Aptitude for learning new concepts and applying them quickly
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proven ability to relate data and statistical analysis to real-world application
- A track record of finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Comfort with ambiguity, and flexibility in thought and/or approach
The successful candidate will work well in teams, but also be capable of managing multiple projects independently and have experience in applied research or consulting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
We are interested in multiple perspectives and therefore are seeking a range of backgrounds and experience to contribute to the team.
A graduate degree in Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, or a related field or a graduate degree in STEM or related field, systems engineering, etc., with demonstrated experience in the study of and/or advising on people, teams, and/or organizations.
Knowledge and/or experience with capital projects is a bonus.
This position will involve up to 15 percent travel.
IPA is the preeminent global benchmarking and consultancy for capital projects. IPA guides capital-intensive organizations to establish the right combination of people, work process, and governance to maximize cost, schedule, safety, and operability performance. We have a dataset of nearly 21,000 capital projects as the basis of our work. Our clients are leading companies in the energy, minerals, chemicals, and technology sectors. IPA is committed to social and ethical responsibility and all global offices initiate or participate in local charity initiatives to support those in need.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stable employment, and a long-term career path for professional growth and development. IPA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
REQUIRED APPLICANT DOCUMENTS
Applicants should complete the form below and include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement.