- Position type:
- Reports to:
- Chief Information Officer
- Date posted:
- February 10, 2021
- Closing date:
- Open until filled
The Systems Administrator is responsible for provisioning, installing, and maintaining systems hardware, software, and other IT related peripherals. The Systems Administrator assists in innovating reliability in the IT infrastructure through technical research, testing, and implementation to ensure hardware, operating systems, software, and work processes adhere to company expectations and needs. The Systems Administrator is the first in line to provide direct support to company employees ensuring complete resolution of reported problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibilities are to maintain user system standards and develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures. Additional responsibilities listed below.
- Procure, install, and repair hardware, software, and peripherals to operational and security standards
- Create, change, and delete user accounts as needed
- Communicate and coordinate with users to recover data from system and software failures
- When required, assist senior IT staff in maintaining and monitoring existing servers, nodes, clusters, and backups
- Research new innovations and upgrades and possible automation of system administrative tasks, and identify possible future infrastructure concerns
- Maintain inventory of all hardware, software, and IT assets
- Other responsibilities include support for conferences, configuration of conference call bridges and video equipment, support for internal meetings, and mentorship of new IT staff and new employees
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating system installation, configuration, security, and troubleshooting
- Strong administration and troubleshooting skills in Microsoft products (e.g., Office and O365)
- Working knowledge of various workstation and laptop hardware and associated repair tasks
- Able to perform basic troubleshooting and repair of peripherals (e.g., printers, scanners, projectors)
- Learn and enforce corporate endpoint security baselines and standards
- Able to work with employees at all levels
- Strong knowledge of workstation imaging software
- Basic understanding of the Linux operating system
- Able and willing to provide remote support to other company offices
- Be an active participant of the Global IT Team and strive to learn from seniors
- Personable, detail oriented, able to manage time effectively, and handle multiple tasks
- Highly organized and self-motivated, reliable, and energetic
- Highly discreet and professional due to the highly sensitive and confidential information involved
- Able to respond quickly when on-call—24/7 at times
- Able to work without constant supervision
- Able to be primary point of contact for the full Asia-Pacific region
- Able to lift minimum of 10 kilograms
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor degree in Information Systems or Computer Science, or comparable IT certification, or 2 years demonstrated equivalent experience. Vendor certificates are an advantage.
IPA is the preeminent global benchmarking and consultancy for capital projects. Our clients are leading companies in process, extractive, and technology sectors who conduct capital projects in the petroleum, minerals, infrastructure, chemicals, and renewables industries. IPA is committed to social and ethical responsibility, and all global offices initiate or participate in local charity initiatives to support those in need.
REQUIRED APPLICANT DOCUMENTS
Applicants should complete the form below and include a cover letter (only applications with a cover letter will be considered), resume or CV, and salary requirement. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stable employment, and a long-term career path for professional growth and development.