- Position type:
- Applications Development
- Reports to:
- Software Development Manager
- Date posted:
- November 1, 2019
- Closing date:
- Open until filled
Independent Project Analysis, Inc. (IPA) improves the competitiveness of our customers through enabling more effective use of capital in their businesses. It is our mission and unique competence to conduct research into the functioning of capital projects and project systems and to apply the results of that research to help our customers create and use their capital assets more efficiently.
IPA is a global company with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, Brazil, and Singapore. Our headquarters in Ashburn, Virginia has an opening for a UI/UX Web Designer.
The UI/UX Web Designer will shape and influence the creation of digital software and maintain IPA’s suite of web applications, as well as supporting managers and other staff to produce creative, high-impact projects for clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibilities include maintaining internal and external software applications. This position will focus on UI/UX interfaces for web applications development and provide support for the existing applications modernization process. As such, some very interesting challenges are likely, and the company is looking for someone who relishes the opportunities and demands that this setting provides. In this position, you will always be encouraged and expected to contribute ideas to improve the company’s technology and products.
- Translate user needs into elegant/effective UI/UX designs and graphics to be used across multiple platforms: web and mobile (iOS, Android)
- Understand who the users of the service are and what their needs and desires are
- Define the visual design strategy for the platforms (within the brand guidelines) and work to achieve consensus across teams
- Create and manage asset libraries for reusable, systematic design
- Create, maintain, and evolve visual design guidelines for the platforms
- Work closely with development teams to clarify designs and make compromises where appropriate
- Agile delivery at the core of your culture and experienced and ready for a modernized delivery environment
- Familiar with the latest technology and able to develop technical solutions to meet a wide range of business needs
- Maintain and enhance functionalities for web applications
- Ensure the technical feasibility and security of UI/UX designs
- Validate all user input before designing applications
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Keep software and products up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
- Collaborate with other development team members, product line management, and stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to create responsive and adaptive design, and stay current with design developments within the interactive industry
- Familiar with agile development methodologies
- Ability to use interface design principles
- Experience with content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as AWS and Docker
- Working knowledge of organic search engine optimization techniques
- Understanding of database knowledge
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Self-motivation and ability to work on own projects with little supervision
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
Must have web design or a related field experience and a minimum of 6 years work experience with strong front-end design.
REQUIRED APPLICANT DOCUMENTS
Applicants should submit the form below with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stable employment, and a long-term career path for professional growth and development. IPA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Cover Letter
- Salary Requirements