- Position type:
- Full Time
- Applications Development
- Reports to:
- Apps Team Lead
- Date posted:
- June 7, 2022
- Closing date:
- Open until filled
Independent Project Analysis, Inc. (IPA) improves the competitiveness of our customers by enabling more effective use of capital in their businesses. It is our mission and unique competence to conduct research into the functioning of capital projects and project systems and to apply the results of that research to help our customers create and use their capital assets more efficiently.
IPA is a global company with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Brazil, Singapore, and the Netherlands. Our headquarters in Ashburn, Virginia has an opening for a Web Applications Developer.
The Web Applications Developer creates and maintains IPA’s suite of applications and supports staff to produce creative, high-impact tools for clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibilities include developing and maintaining internal and external web applications. This position will have also the opportunity to participate in new product development efforts. Some very interesting challenges are likely and the company is looking for someone who relishes the opportunities and demands that this setting provides. In this position, you will always be encouraged and expected to contribute ideas to improve the company’s technology and products.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on Best Practices, usability, and performance
- Use various frameworks to develop efficient applications
- Ensure the technical feasibility and security of UI/UX designs
- Use modern web application languages
- Assure that all user input is validated before designing applications
- Work with various development and collaboration tools, including JIRA, Trello, and Git
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the application interface
- Collaborate with other development team members, product line management, and stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work in both Linux and Windows environments
- Agile/Scrum development
- Open-source projects
- SQL, MySQL, and PostgreSQL databases
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with little supervision
PREFERENCE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES EXPERIENCED WITH THE FOLLOWING
- React, Typescript, Material UI, and Django
- Cloud technologies, such as AWS and Docker
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
Entry-level/recent graduates are encouraged to apply. Three years experience with front end, back end, and databases or academic equivalent is required.
IPA is the preeminent global benchmarking and consultancy for capital projects. IPA guides capital-intensive organizations to establish the right combination of people, work process, and governance to maximize cost, schedule, safety, and operability performance. We have a dataset of more than 21,000 capital projects we use as the basis of our work. Our clients are leading companies in the process, extractive, and technology sectors who conduct capital projects in the petroleum, minerals, infrastructure, chemicals, and renewables industries. IPA is committed to social and ethical responsibility, and all global offices initiate or participate in local charity initiatives to support those in need.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stable employment, and a long-term career path for professional growth and development. IPA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should complete the form below and include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement.