The IPA Institute’s Best Practices for Mining Projects course is designed to provide participants with Best Practices and learnings that have been shown to improve mine project development effectiveness. This course places an emphasis on early mining project development practices, with findings from IPA’s extensive quantitative research linking project management practices to project outcomes integrated into the course instruction and materials.
- Understand how developing and maintaining an effective project delivery system affects overall project system performance
- Learn Best Practces for effective team development
- Recognize the key drivers of poor performance for mining projects
- Comprehend the key drivers that lead to successful completion of each phase of Front-End Loading (FEL), including the key deliverables that are required at the end of each phase
- Discover tools and techniques for identifying and mitigating risks
- Understand the Value Improving Practices (VIPs) that correlate with better project outcomes
- Learn project control Best Practices that drive improved project outcomes