Learn key practices employed by the best performing project systems in the world to improve your project cost, schedule, and operability performance.
Improving the cost, schedule, and operability performance of capital projects is important for businesses to achieve and maintain success. As the IPA Institute’s flagship course, Project Management Best Practices shares the processes and steps employed by the best performing project systems in the world, as identified through decades of research.
The course materials have been enhanced with the latest IPA research on business and engineering alignment, value engineering, cost and schedule estimates, risk management, contracting strategies, construction readiness, and more. New interactive case studies and hands-on breakout exercises are incorporated to drive understanding of key concepts.
Participants emerge from the course with an understanding of how to implement the learnings to improve the way their organizations plan and execute mid-size to large capital projects. Practical tools are also provided for project professionals to take and use in their daily environment.
The best performing project systems in the world achieve an internal rate of return (IRR) that is up to 7.5 percentage points higher than those at the opposite end of the spectrum. Where does your organization fall?
- Increase your ability to contribute to the process of planning and executing capital projects (between US$20 million and US$1 billion)
- Learn proven Best Practices that directly correlate with better project outcome performance
- Understand how practices can be implemented to overcome barriers to success
- Gain a unique and holistic view of developing capital projects from a global leader in project benchmarking and research
- Measuring Effectiveness
- Business Strategy and Clear Objectives
- Team Effectiveness
- Front-End Loading (FEL) and the Gated Process
- Cost and Schedule Estimating Fundamentals
- Leading Technology in Capital Projects
- Risk Management
- Contracting Strategies
- Execution Excellence and Project Controls
- Fundamentals of Project Management
All course instruction, presentations, and supplementary course materials are rooted in IPA’s decades of experience evaluating project and project systems and conducting quantitative research into capital project issues and trends. IPA maintains a proprietary database with information on thousands of projects on which to base its analyses and studies.
Pricing & Discounts
US$1,350 if registered by April 15
US$1,500 if registered after April 15
Register 3 and send a 4th for free!
“The learnings gained shall be helpful for our current project (on the verge of authorization).”
– Course Participant
Download the course brochure for additional details.
*Registration fee in U.S. dollars.