There are many different ways you can use our services – to search for and share information, to communicate with other people, or to sign up to receive content. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access, update, and remove information.
Your privacy matters to IPA so whether you are new to IPA or a long-time client, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions, contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us – Some of our services require you to provide us with personal information, such as your name, email address, or telephone number.
- Information we get from your use of our services – We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit our websites, watch a video, or view and interact with our content. This information includes:
- Device information
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). IPA may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your IPA Account.
- Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by IPA, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Internet protocol address.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your IPA Account.
- Location information
When you use IPA services, we may collect and process information about your actual location based on your IP address.
- Cookies and similar technologies
We may use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our websites, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. Our analytics may analyze traffic to our websites and apps.
- Device information
How we use information we collect
We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your IPA Account.
When you contact IPA, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
IPA processes personal information on our servers in the United States, so we may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Take information associated with your IPA Account out of many of our services.
- Set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with IPA services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of IPA unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
- We may forward personal information to partner companies outside of IPA when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information. These companies include event management vendors like cVent. Any forwarding will be clearly indicated.
We work hard to protect IPA and our users from unauthorized access to information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We may offer you two step verification when you access your IPA Account.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to IPA employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities