- Position type:
- Organizations and Teams
- Date posted:
- November 18, 2019
- Closing date:
- Open until filled
ABOUT THE JOB
Independent Project Analysis, Inc. (IPA) improves the competitiveness of our customers through enabling more effective use of capital in their businesses. It is our mission and unique competence to conduct research into the functioning of capital projects and project systems and to apply the results of that research to help our customers create and use their capital assets more efficiently.
IPA is a global company with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, Brazil, and Singapore. We have an opening for an Organizations and Teams Analyst in our United States office in this exciting and rapidly growing area of the company. We leverage organizational expertise and unmatched data to understand the impact of individual, team, and organizational practices on capital project performance.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stable employment, and a long-term career path for professional growth and development. IPA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
General responsibilities for the position include analyzing data, conducting research, developing products, writing reports, and giving client presentations. More specifically, the Organizations and Teams Analyst will work on studies and client engagements related to organizational design, team composition, and competency. The analyst will collaborate with cross-functional groups within IPA and work directly with clients to address their questions and needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to manage projects/research independently
- Proven ability to turn an abstract concept or idea into something actionable
- Track record of finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Flexibility in thought/approach (as opposed to a rigid perspective)
- Understanding of research methods and statistics
- Prior applied research or consulting experience in industrial/organizational psychology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with direct client engagement
- Strong work ethic
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, and a willingness to work on a team
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, or a related field of study
- 2-5 years of experience in a field related to industrial/organizational psychology Proficient with statistical software
- Knowledge of STATA® software
- Knowledge of or experience with capital projects
- Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, or a related field of study
This position will involve approximately 10%-20% travel
REQUIRED APPLICANT DOCUMENTS
- Cover Letter (only applications with a cover letter will be considered)