IPA Newsletter September 2018 (Volume 10, Issue 3)
In this issue:
IPA Adds Key Project Team Member Turnover Metric to PES
The new Project Evaluation System (PES®1) metric quantifies for owner companies the harmful effects that turnover of key team leaders has on project performance.
IPA Launching New Tank Maintenance Capital Project Study
Expanding on a 2014 tank maintenance study, IPA will identify industry norms for cost & schedule performance metrics, project practices, technology used, and more.
Two Common Barriers for Chinese-Funded Capital Project Investments in the U.S.
Chinese-owned companies face many challenges when investing in capital projects in the U.S. Effectively navigating these two obstacles in particular, is key to success.
Community of Practice Membership Open to Mid-Sized Chemicals Companies
A key focus of the community is examining how capital project execution and development practices followed by large chemicals companies can be tailored to benefit mid-sized companies.
Also in this issue:
- UCEC 2018 Participants Acquire Latest Cost Estimate Metrics, Review New Industry Research
- IPA Hosts Inaugural Airports Project Benchmarking Research Consortium
- IPA Events and Presentations
- Call for Participation: MMM Sector Sustaining Capital Expenditure and Allocation Research Study
- IPA Institute 2018 Public Course Schedule