IPA Newsletter December 2021 (Volume 13, Issue 4)
In this issue:
Supply Chain Headwinds in Store for Offshore Wind
The scale of growth currently seen in the offshore wind sector will likely drive significant cost escalation and a greater frequency of project failure as a result of a stressed supply chain. IPA Capital Solutions Director Luke Wallace shares data-driven lessons learned to prepare offshore wind players for the supply chain challenges looming ahead.
Case Study: Taking Control of the Project Execution Process
A large infrastructure and utilities company’s reorganization resulted in decentralized and fragmented policies and procedures, which, in turn, led to inefficiencies across the project lifecycle. Read how IPA helped the company reverse the trend by unifying, enhancing, and standardizing the policies and procedures for its project execution process.
Closing the Operational Performance Gap
Having collected extensive early operational performance data on capital projects, IPA found that business decisions contribute to operability success or failure more often than technical or design shortfalls. IPA Project Analyst Adam Pountney summarizes the major causes of production loss as identified through research and offers key practices to avoid early production disasters.
Light Industrial Projects: Limiting Risk and Maintaining Flexibility in a Fast Growth Environment
How can companies in light industrial sectors remain fast and nimble to respond to customer needs while implementing the processes and governance to serve their multi billion dollar project portfolios? IPA Project Analyst Greg Ray provides a high-level roadmap to effective growth.
Also in this issue:
- Case Study: Hydrogen Early Cost Metrics for Strategic Decision Making
- Cost and Schedule Benchmarks for Offshore Wind Projects
- FEL Toolbox Project Definition Software
- Carbon Working Group Now Accepting New Members
- Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage (CCUS) Project Performance Norms
- Early Estimating Metrics Tool for Pharmaceutical Capital Projects
- UIBC 2021 Comes to a Close
- TrueCost Oil & Gas Data Software
- IPA Institute Virtual Training Course Schedule
- Upcoming Events & Presentations