Setting the Standards for GHG Performance Management in the Capital Projects Industry
Objective and Scope
Launched in 2020, the Carbon Working Group (CWG) is an IPA-led group of 35+ owner firms working together to develop practical, relevant, and effective frameworks to benchmark and improve the low-carbon and sustainability performance of project systems and individual projects across all industrial sectors.
Key Areas of Focus
The CWG has formed focused technical sections to address 6 key sustainability priorities. Each section meets every 8 to 10 weeks to define existing gaps, align on metrics and frameworks needed to address the gaps, and determine the data needed to develop tools to help improve low-carbon and sustainability performance. The 6 sections are:
- GHG Performance Assessment
- Low Carbon Scope Selection/Abatement Curves
- Circularity Performance
- Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage (CCUS)
- New Technology Commercialization
Why You should Join
- Collaborate with peers to identify common issues and shape topics to help progress the industry’s low-carbon and sustainability agenda
- Contribute to the development of solutions to improve sustainability-related decision-making and performance
- Position yourself to help your organization understand and overcome key challenges
CWG Membership Profile
CWG membership consists of owners and operator organizations across all industrial sectors. Functions represented include benchmarking experts, topic-specific subject matter experts, and key decision-makers responsible for delivering low-carbon and sustainability performance.
The success of the CWG depends entirely on all members sharing perspectives and contributing to solutions development. Similar to IPA’s Benchmarking Consortia, all proprietary information and data is shared confidentially in 1:1 engagement with IPA. These inputs help IPA to shape and progress the industry discussion and present the progress on development of specific tools and frameworks to the collective group.
Carbon Working Group Accomplishments
We invite you to join us and become a part of this important initiative!
Contact us to learn more about how your organization can join the Carbon Working Group.